Overall Purpose of the Post:
- To provide highly specialised knowledge and skills in the holistic assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients presenting with complex foot problems.
- To work within the Department’s specialist high risk wound care clinics treating patients with complex foot conditions, often with underlying systemic chronic disease conditions such as Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis and PVD
- To deliver advanced wound care healing therapies to a high clinical standard that will reduce the need for acute interventions and thereby contribute to the maintenance of patient mobility and independence
- To use biomechanical knowledge and skills to develop the biomechanical approach to patient treatment planning, off- loading and risk prevention.
- To support the Putting Feet First initiative that will deliver foot screening for in-patients at the Hospital sites.
- To deliver Diabetes Education sessions as part of the Diabetes Structured Education programme.
- To work effectively as a member of the MDT diabetes team in the acute setting.
- To work as an effective member of the Podiatry team, adhering to Departmental, Trust and HPC policies, strategies and objectives
To apply for this job please visit beta.jobs.nhs.uk.